Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year” 2020
Due to the continued expansion of the College, including our outstanding sixth form, we are looking to recruit a passionate and exceptional Teacher of English, preferably with a strong track record teaching at KS4 and KS5. For candidates with experience, we can offer:
- A £3000 annual recruitment and retention allowance on top of your generous salary
- A reduced teaching load for all staff (maximum 40 hours per fortnight, the equivalent of at least one free period every day)
- Subject CPD timetabled into the College day as part of your timetabled allocation, avoiding weekly twilight sessions
- A minimum of one paid ‘family day’ per year to use as you choose, with the possibility of term time leave by negotiation
- £1000 bursary for personal CPD, including funding for a Masters qualification (or equivalent)
- A genuine commitment to wellbeing, with a strong track record in supporting positive mental health and high levels of staff retention and promotion (twice awarded the Carnegie Gold Medal)
- The ability to work from home by agreement, and subsidised access to our on-site Sports Centre and Swimming Pool, available for us throughout the day
Part time candidates are very welcome, and well supported, as we are one of eight schools in the UK to be a Flexible Working Ambassador School.
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last five years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% of grades at 4-9. We are also committed to the wider education of our students, with a timetabled enrichment programme for all ages as a core part of our curriculum. This year we also benefitted from a Turing Scheme grant which has seen more than 800 of our students embark on fully funded overseas trips. We are fiercely proud of our inclusive ethos, and in championing an environment in which every student is welcomed and valued.
English outcomes at IVC are consistently among the highest nationally for both attainment and progress. In the first years of the reformed GCSEs, the results have been exceptional; more than 10% of students achieved Grade 9s and over 40% achieved at least a Grade 7, with nearly 90% achieving at least a Grade 4. This post also offers the opportunity to teach at IB level for the right candidate, where English is a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages. You will also be joining us at an incredibly exciting time, as we embed the IB Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3, and become the first state school in the UK to offer three IB programmes.
With your knowledge and passion for English you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
Our Trust is committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment and undergo the appropriate checks. All positions within the Trust are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references along with a Certificate of Good Conduct if applicable. Only applications submitted on using the ELA application form will be accepted. We do not accept applications by CV.
Please find the link to our school Safeguarding policy: https://www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/policies/
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form – we cannot accept CVs. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College or speak with existing staff; please contact our HR Team on to arrange a visit with one of our Assistant Principals.
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 25 May, interviews Thursday 26 May and Friday 27 May.