Do you want the opportunity to teach pupils whose special interest and passion is for YOUR subject? Are you an existing inspirational teacher looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a teacher of Maths, Science or a combination.
- Required – September 2024 (earlier start available for transition)
- Closing Date: 8th March 2024 Noon. Interviews to be held during March
Are you passionate about transforming the lives of children and young people with autism? There are few schools in the country where a teacher’s ability to change lives is so evident.
The Cavendish School (TCS) is an Autism Specialist school, newly opened in September 2021 as part of Eastern Learning Alliance. The school has excellent facilities for academic progression with fully equipped Specialist rooms, which include a science laboratory as well as bespoke designed facilities, such as a sensory integration room to support the therapeutic needs of the pupils.
We are very excited to be providing a new local provision for children with autism who have the ability to achieve in line with their mainstream peers but need additional SEND support within their teaching staff and environment.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic teacher in the next stages of development of teaching offer and of our curriculum across the school in the STEM subject areas. The successful candidate will be able to provide strong classroom teaching to model the best practice and play an integral role within our school community as an advocate and voice for their subject.
We offer and value a broad curriculum aimed at promoting talent in traditional academic subjects and beyond. A core part of our offer is as an International Baccalaureate candidate school delivering the Primary years programme. Our significant investment in professional development drives colleagues’ continuous improvement. This is a place for life-long learners, where everyone improves regardless of their career stage.
The Eastern Learning Alliance are a trust with an excellent track record in inclusion and special needs that has as its core vision the drive to ‘build a better world through education’.
You will be:
- Eager to challenge yourself to deliver the excellent progress and development for our students
- Wanting the opportunity to play the leading part in the plans of a new school
- A forward thinking, innovative practitioner, up to date with the latest evidence-based thinking and practice.
- Secure subject knowledge with the ability to deliver and support content delivery into Key stage 4.
We offer you:
- A minimum of 20% non-contact time (equivalent to one day)
- A vibrant and supportive community of staff and parents.
- Support from a wide therapeutic team and close working relationships with our colleagues in health.
- A Well-being directory for all staff offering financial supports and to improve wellbeing and work-life balance.
- Free school meals are provided for dining with our pupils.
- A 50% discount to our trust sports centre membership
- A brand new and autism-friendly innovative learning environment
- A forward looking, evidence informed, CPD programme with Trust wide CPD which includes reduced contact time and collaborative time for teachers (every Friday afternoon).
- Being part of a forward thinking, supportive and collaborative trust.
- Opportunities for sponsorship on university or professional qualifications.
- An additional bookable holiday “Eastern Family day” for you to take when you require
- A modern flexible working school, with the opportunities for home working and reduced hours.
TCS is a place where you will be valued supported and have the opportunity to achieve success. We are confident that when joining TCS and the ELA Trust you will feel welcomed from the outset. We welcome and encourage visits from any prospective applicant, these can be booked via Steph Smith:
Closing Date: 8th March 2024 Noon. Interviews to be held during March