The role of the governing board
The school’s governing board is responsible for providing confident and strategic leadership and creating robust accountability, oversight and assurance for the school’s educational and financial performance. The board is passionate about education and committed to continuous school improvement to ensure the best possible outcomes for our pupils. Please see attached document for further information on the role of a school governor.
The role of the parent governor
- To bring a parent/carer perspective to meetings for discussions and debate.
Expectations of governors
- Attendance at approx. 6 meetings per year (Thursdays at 3:30pm –running time approx. 2 hours)
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Committing to training (usually online)
- Visiting the school – (at least once per term to monitor a link area of focus)
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please complete the Governor application form and return to Linda Anderson – Clerk to Governors: by Friday 1st December 2023 (Please do not use the support staff or teaching application form also linked below)
If we receive more applications than there are vacancies, a secret ballot will be carried out. We will inform you closer to the time if we have to do this.